Performs clerical duties related to the storage, retrieval, and distribution of records.
- Retrieves records as requested by authorised persons. Ensures that properly executed release of information forms are obtained when necessary.
- Files new and returned records according to established systems and policies. Identifies and documents missing records.
- Sorting of patient’s documents. Dispatching of documents when necessary.
- Routinely audits storage areas and files to find and correct erroneously stored records. Suggests process improvements to reduce or eliminate misfiled records.
- Locates and prepares records for archival or destruction according to policies and procedures. Initiates retrieval and return of archived records and follows up on any delays or problems with retrieval.