At RadLink, Women & Fetal Imaging, we offer ultrasound scanning including 3D/4D scans by Fetal Medicine Foundation (UK) certified consultants and sonographers.
Women & Fetal Imaging
First Trimester Pregnancy Scans
- Viability Scan – 6 to 9 weeks.
- This scan ensures the fetus is alive and is able to date the pregnancy. This is extremely useful for those who have previous miscarriages or who are experiencing pain and/or bleeding.
- The OSCAR – 11 to 13 weeks, plus 6 days.
- Nuchal Translucency (NT) Scan is used to assess risk of Down’s Syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities. Extensive research has established that NT Scan can detect 70% of affected fetuses.
- The combinations of NT Scan and mother’s blood tests for free Beta-HCG and PAPP-A improves detection rate up to 90%.
11-13 Weeks plus 6 Days
Second Trimester Pregnancy Scans
- Fetal Anomaly Scan – 18 to 24 weeks.
- This scan examines in detail the brain, face, spine, heart, stomach, bowel, kidneys and limbs to ensure normal growth. It is also to check the placental position. Uterine blood flow and umbilical studies can be performed for those with bad obstetric history.
Third Trimester Pregnancy Scans
- Growth and Well-being Scan – 26 weeks onwards.
- This scan aims to assess how well the baby is growing. It can also evaluate placental location, amniotic fluid volume, umbilical artery and uterine arterial doppler can assess blood flow to detect early intrauterine growth retardation.
- 3D/4D Scans – 26 to 31 weeks.
- 4D scans are like 3D scans taken real-time. They create dramatic life-like views of the baby moving inside the womb. It enables the baby’s activity and well-being to be studied in greater detail. It can also aid confirmation of the normal development of your baby. The baby’s face can be seen best between 26 to 31 weeks.
26 Weeks Onwards
Growth and Well Being